Design Tips« Back to Ideas Collection
More Design Tips
- • A Metaphorical Idea
- • 5 Must-Haves in Every Layout
- • Trim the Fat: What Your Logo Doesn't Need
- • Timeboxing: An Outline for More Efficient Design
- • Paragraph Indicators - Make A Dent in Your Universe
- • Designing for Color-Blind Viewers
- • Add Sparkle With the Symbolism Tool
- • Grab Them Right Out of the Gate
- • Depicting Time and Motion with Design
- • Design That's Easy as A-B-C
- • Eye-Teasing Design
- • Variation on a Theme
- • Room to Breathe
- • Low-Cost Clip Art and Images
- • Breakthrough Brochures
- • The Risk of Over Designing
- • Successful Newsletters How-To
- • Do-It-Yourself Letterhead
- • Creative in Black and White
- • Poster Design Tips
Designing Successful Newsletters
Newsletters have become a great way for businesses to spread information, "tell their story," solidify customer loyalty, and increase sales.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind while designing your company newsletter:
- Content Is Important
Successful newsletters provide interesting content for their readers, in addition to product information from the newsletter provider.
- Color Draws the Eye
Use multiple colors of ink to draw attention to important articles and information. Two-color newsletters are very effective, and full-color newsletters are gaining popularity.
- Pull Quotes Create Interest
Pull quotes create interest and increase the likelihood that an article will be read. These quotes are taken directly from the article and focus on interesting, key points.
- Good Design Provides More Room for Copy
A well-planned and designed newsletter can contain 20% to 30% more content than a casually designed newsletter. Seeking advice from professional graphic artists is often profitable. They can help design an effective template for your future use.
- Good Back Page Design Is Important
An estimated 15% of readers start reading at the back page of a newsletter and work their way to the front page.
by Elaine Floyd
Boost sales and raise funds with a printed newsletter and the help of this manual, which surveys how to write and produce an effective newsletter. From finding writers and setting up mailing lists to reducing production expenses, you ll get marketing-oriented advice which goes far beyond most general, how-to-write competitors.